Book Review Guidelines
empowering women, families, and youth-at-risk through improved literacy, increased positive media, and tools for living.
1. Each review must have the following at the top of your page in BOLD:
Reviewed by: Your Name
2. Your review should be 3-4 paragraphs covering a short synopsis of the story, what you liked and/or didn’t like, which age group you feel this book is aimed towards, if you would suggest a person to buy this book/check this book out/etc. Anything else about the book is appreciated.
3. At the end of each review, include a list of 5-7 other titles you would suggest to readers after reading the book you reviewed.
4. Check for spelling and grammar before submission.
5. DO NOT copy any material from the flaps, back cover, or anywhere in the book.
6. Do not use vulgar language in your reviews; make it appropriate for readers of all ages.
7. Choose any book you wish, but DO try to avoid reviewing a book that has been reviewed many times already – we want to expand our review base.
8. BE HONEST ☺ Your opinions are welcomed and appreciated!
9. Optional-include a 30 word bio about yourself and a 2 x3 inch jpg at 72 dpi of yourself.
If you have questions, feel free to email the writing coordinator, Katie Huang.
"Read, lead, succeed! To be a leader, you must be a reader!"
Thank you for wanting to review books! Follow our guidelines and get published!
All works are owned and copyright and/or trademark protected by Be the Star You Are!® 501c3 charity and/or the artists. All rights reserved.